Principles of human-centered design
ISO 9241 provides a framework for human-centred design.
“human centered design does not assume any particular design process, nor does it describe all the different activities necessary to ensure effective systems design.”
It is complementary to existing design methodologies and provides a human-centred perspective that can be integrated into different design and development processes in a way that is appropriate to the particular context.
- The design is based upon an explicit understanding of users, tasks and environments
- Users are involved throughout design and development
- The design is driven and refined by user-centred evaluation
- The process is iterative
- The design addresses the whole user experience
- The design team includes multidisciplinary skills and perspectives
- Responsibility and risks
- Content of plan
- Integration with project plan
- Timing and resources